Diabetes Screening and Prevention
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) offers many resources to assist you when billing for diabetes screening and Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) services.
- CMS MLN Medicare Preventive Services Educational Tool — includes codes, who is covered, frequency, and what the beneficiary pays
- CMS IOM Pub. 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 18 (PDF, 1.27MB), Section 90 — Diabetes Screening
Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Expanded Model Resources
The Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program expanded model is a structured intervention with the goal of preventing type 2 diabetes in individuals with an indication of prediabetes. To learn more about MDPP please see the resources listed below:
- Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) MDPP web page
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program (MDPP) Billing and Payment Fact Sheet (PDF, 378 KB)
- Medicare Diabetes Prevention Program Expanded Model Booklet
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Suppliers new to Medicare billing should go to the New to Medicare section.