The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) offers many resources to assist you when billing for preventive and screening services.
- MLN Publications
- MLN Medicare Preventive Services: Identifies coding requirements, eligibility, frequency parameters, copayment and coinsurance, and deductible information for Medicare-covered preventive services and influenza, pneumococcal and hepatitis B immunizations
- Immunizations: Flu, pneumococcal and hepatitis B
- MLN Medicare Wellness Visits Educational Tool: Learn about the Initial Preventive Physical Exam (IPPE) and the Annual Wellness Visit (AWV)
- CMS Preventive Services Provider Resources
- CMS IOM Pub. 100-04, Medicare Claims Processing Manual, Chapter 18 (PDF) — Preventive and Screening Services
- CMS IOM Pub. 100-02, Medicare Benefit Policy Manual, Chapter 15 (PDF), Section 280 — Preventive and Screening Services